Adware.AdPeak is Malwarebytes’ generic detection name for a family of adwaretargeting Windows systems and capable of hijacking known browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox. Apart from displaying advertisements, this family also redirects users to affiliate (and sometimes dubious) websites.
On affected systems, users would notice browser tabs or windows opening that are not related to the sites they are visiting.
Type and source of infection
Adware.AdPeak arrives on systems as part of bundlers.
Malwarebytes detects and blocks the bundlers and installers for Adware.Adpeak.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Adware.AdPeak without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.