Adware.Agent is Malwarebytes' generic detection name for adwarethat has the sole intention to show advertisements on affected systems. The detection name can also be used for the adware components of bundlers.
Affected systems exhibit the following behavior:
- Showing advertisements not related to or originating from any of the sites they are visiting
Malwarebytes blocks Adware.Agent with its real-time protection module.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Adware.Agent without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.