Adware.ArcadeYum is Malwarebytes' detection name for a cross-platform adware that targeted IE, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.
Users of affected browsers would see advertisements not originating from the sites they were visiting.
Type and source of infection
Adware.ArcadeYum is adware that came in the form of browser extensions. These were usually installed by the users themselves because they promised access to online gaming platforms.
Malwarebytes for Mac
will detect and remove the components of this adware.
- Download and install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Mac.
- Click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan.
- If threats are detected during the scan, a count of detected threats is displayed. More detailed threat information is displayed after the scan completes.
- Close all browsers.
- Click “Confirm” to move the detected threats to Quarantaine.
- If a restart is required to complete remediation of threats detected during a scan, you will be notified. When a restart is required, please remember to save all work before clicking “Restart”.
The Windows variant of this adware was detected as