Adware.BrowserAssistant.E is Malwarebytes’ detection name for a small family of browser extensionssigned by Millennial Media Inc.
Users will typically see advertisements that are not coming from the website they are visiting.
Type and source of infection
Adware.BrowserAssistant.E is a browser extension that insert advertisements in the browser aside from the task they promise to perform. These extensions are often installed by the users themselves and downloaded from the official Play Stores.
Malwarebytes protects users from Adware.BrowserAssistant.E by removing it from the system.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Adware.BrowserIO without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.