Adware.FaceBump is Malwarebytes' detection name for an adware that targets macOS systems.
Users of affected systems will get redirected to a Facebook affiliate URL when trying to visit Facebook.com.
Type and source of infection
Adware.FaceBump is adware. Adware applications display advertisements not originating from the sites you are browsing.
Adware.FaceBump was typically installed by users thinking it was the actual Facebook app.
Malwarebytes for Mac
will detect and remove the components of this malware.
- Download and install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Mac.
- Click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan.
- If threats are detected during the scan, a count of detected threats is displayed. More detailed threat information is displayed after the scan completes.
- Click “Confirm” to move the detected threats to Quarantaine.
- If a restart is required to complete remediation of threats detected during a scan, you will be notified. When a restart is required, please remember to save all work before clicking “Restart”.