Adware.FusionCore is Malwarebytes’ detection name for a large family of adware bundlers targeting Windows systems.
Users of affected systems may find that they have installed more than they expected.
Type and source of infection
Adware.FusionCore are bundlers of adware and PUP applications that are typically offered as applications that users are looking for, like f.e. file converters, but include adware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) in the same installer. Adware.FusionCore bundlers typically are downloaded and run by users themselves.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Adware.FusionCore without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.