Type and source of infection
Adware.SpecialSearchOption is adware. Adware, or advertising-supported software, is software that displays unwanted advertising on your computer device.
Adware.SpecialSearchOption is usually installed by bundlers. Bundlers bank on the names of popular programs users generally want to install onto their systems, and those who aren’t familiar with bundlers may welcome the additional free programs. Unfortunately, a majority of these are categorized as unwanted software, such as adware and browser toolbars.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Adware.SpecialSearchOption without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.