Adware.WebpageScreenshot is Malwarebytes’ detection name for an adware Chromium extension that targets macOS users.
Type and source of infection
Adware, or advertising-supported software, is software that displays unwanted advertising on your computer device. Adware.WebpageScreenshot is usually installed by the users themselves, who may be prompted to do so by exaggerated promises of functionality.
Malwarebytes for Mac detects and removes Adware.WebpageScreenshot.
Malwarebytes for Mac will detect and remove the components of this malware.
- Download and install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Mac.
- Click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan.
- If threats are detected during the scan, a count of detected threats is displayed. More detailed threat information is displayed after the scan completes.
- Click “Confirm” to move the detected threats to Quarantine.
- If a restart is required to complete remediation of threats detected during a scan, you will be notified. When a restart is required, please remember to save all work before clicking “Restart”.