Backdoor.Andromeda is the generic detection for Trojansof the Andromeda family.
Type and source of infection
There are many variants of Backdoor.Andromeda that all allow remote, unauthorized access to a system. Threat actorshave a variety of modules at their disposal that can install other malware or steal information from the affected system. This backdoor is usually spread by malicious email attachments or by exploit kits.
Malwarebytes blocks Backdoor.Andromeda
Malwarebytes can remove Backdoor.Andromeda without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
In case of active infection, it is imperative to find out if (and what) information has been stolen so you can take countermeasures, such as changing passwords.