Backdoor.AsyncRAT is Malwarebytes’ detection name for a family of Remote Access Trojans (RATs) that target Windows systems.
Type and source of infection
Backdoor.AsyncRAT is a backdoor Trojan that usually arrives through malicious email attachments or malicious ads on compromised websites. Sometimes it is dropped by other malware that usually arrives in the form of an archived visual basic script (vbs) file.
Detecting a backdoor on a system usually means there is other malware to be found. Passwords and other confidential information may have been stolen and it is possible that an attacker is able to or has taken contol of the affected system.
Malwarebytes blocks Backdoor.AsyncRAT
Malwarebytes can remove Backdoor.AsyncRAT for you if you decide that you want to get rid of it.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Backdoor.AsyncRAT with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.