Backdoor.Vools is Malwarebytes detection name for a Backdoor that steals information from the affected system and consequently download and installs other malware.
Type and source of infection
Backdoor.Vools typically installs a crypto-currency-miner on the affected system after communicating back system information.
Backdoor.Vools spreads using the SMB vulnerability released by the ShadowBrokers and connects to other machines at port 445.
Malwarebytes blocks Backdoor.Vools
How to remove Backdoor.Vools with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Backdoor.Vools without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.