Malware.Malformed is Malwarebytes’ generic detection name for files that have irregularities in their PE header.
Type of infection
A malformed PE header is usually a sign of either a corrupt file or a deliberate attempt to camouflage malware.
Malwarebytes detects Malware.Malformed to protect users against malware that uses malformed PE headers to avoid detection.
Add an exclusion
Should users wish to keep this program and exclude it from being detected in future scans, they can add the program to the exclusions list. Here’s how to do it.
- Open Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Click the Detection History
- Click the Allow List
- To add an item to the Allow List, click Add.
- Select the exclusion type Allow a file or folder and use the Select a folder button to select the main folder for the software that you wish to keep.
- Repeat this for any secondary files or folder(s) that belong to the software.
If you want to allow the program to connect to the Internet, for example to fetch updates, also add an exclusion of the type Allow an application to connect to the internet and use the Browse button to select the file you wish to grant access.