PUP.Optional.RestMinder is Malwarebytes' detection name for a specific potentially unwanted program that is published under the name RestMinder.
Type and source of infection
PUP.Optional.RestMinder uses resources of the infected the computer for data gathering purposes.
PUP.Optional.RestMinder is usually installed by the user as an application that runs quitely and waits for a pre-set time to remind you to take a break.
Malwarebytes blocks PUP.Optional.RestMinder
Add an exclusion
Should users wish to keep this program and exclude it from being detected in future scans, they can add the program to the exclusions list. Here’s how to do it.
- Open Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Click the Detection History
- Click the Allow List
- To add an item to the Allow List, click Add.
- Select the exclusion type Allow a file or folder and use the Select a folder button to select the main folder for the software that you wish to keep.
- Repeat this for any secondary files or folder(s) that belong to the software.
If you want to allow the program to connect to the Internet, for example to fetch updates, also add an exclusion of the type Allow an application to connect to the internet
and use the Browse
button to select the file you wish to grant access.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove PUP.Optional.RestMinder without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove PUP.Optional.RestMinder with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.