RiskWare.ChromeCookiesView is Malwarebytes' detection name for a program called ChromeCookiesView published by NirSoft.
This is the main windows of the ChromeCookiesView program.
Source and type of infection
RiskWare.ChromeCookiesView can be installed by the user or have been installed as bundleware.
Riskware, in general, is a detection for items that are not strictly malicious but pose some risk for the user in another way. ChromeCookiesView is advertised as an alternative to the standard internal cookies viewer of Google Chrome Web browser. It can be used by unauthorized users to export cookies.
Malwarebytes blocks RiskWare.ChromeCookiesView
Malwarebytes can detect and remove RiskWare.ChromeCookiesView without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
Add an exclusion
Should users wish to keep this program and exclude it from being detected in future scans, they can add the program to the exclusions list. Here’s how to do it.
- Open Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Click the Detection History
- Click the Allow List
- To add an item to the Allow List, click Add.
- Select the exclusion type Allow a file or folder and use the Select a folder button to select the main folder for the software that you wish to keep.
- Repeat this for any secondary files or folder(s) that belong to the software.
If you want to allow the program to connect to the Internet, for example to fetch updates, also add an exclusion of the type Allow an application to connect to the internet
and use the Browse
button to select the file you wish to grant access.