Type and source of infection
Spyware is malicious software that affects your PC or mobile device, gathering information about you, your browsing, and Internet usage habits as well as other data.
In case you discover the presence of active spyware on your system or device after you have cleaned your system, think about contacting your financial institutions to warn them of potentially fraudulent activity. Depending on the compromised information on your affected device, especially if it is connected to a business or enterprise network, you may be required by law to report breaches to law enforcement and/or make a public disclosure. If the stolen information is sensitive in nature or involves the collection and transmission of images, audio, and/or video, you should contact local law-enforcement agencies to report potential violations of federal and state laws.
Malwarebytes protects users from spyware by using real-time protection and by blocking access to known spyware C&C servers.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove spyware without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.