Spyware.FFDroider is Malwarebytes detection name for an information stealer that targets social media credentials on Windows machines.
Type and source of infection
Spyware.FFDroider searches the affected system’s browsers for login credentials and valid session cookies to run malicious advertisements from the victim’s account and utilize the compromised accounts payment method to spread the malware further. Spyware.FFDroider is offered on download sites pretending to be installers for freeware and cracked versions of paid software.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Spyware.FFDroider without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Spyware.FFDroider with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.
Files and folders:
The malware creates a directory in %UserProfile%Documents named VlcpVideov1.01
In this folder it drops the file:
The malware is hosted online as:
download.studymathlive.com C2: http://220.127.116.11/seemorebty
Update server: http://18.104.22.168/seemorebtu/poe.php?e=