Spyware.FormBook is Malwarebytes' detection name for a family of Spyware that can be controlled remotely to steal information from an affected Windows system.
Type and source of infection
Spyware.FormBook looks for processes that contain certain strings and steals information from those processes. It sends this information to a remote server selected from a list of hardcoded URLs. It receives data and commands from a remote controller.
Spyware.FormBook is usually offered for download on shady websites under false pretences.
Malwarebytes blocks Spyware.FormBook
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Spyware.FormBook without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Spyware.FormBook with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.