Trojan.Agent is Malwarebytes’ generic detection name for Trojans. It is used for detections that are either associated with no specific malware families or not enough information is available to pinpoint the malware family. Often, you will see it paired with other detections as parts of an infection that goes beyond a single family.
Type and source of infection
Since this is a generic detection, this threat is not confined to any particular infection method. It is advised to check other detected items for more detail on how the threat got on your system. Otherwise, following basic security practices will reduce your exposure to this threat.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Agent without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.Agent with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections pageto see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine pageyou can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.