Trojan.Agent.TskLnk is Malwarebytes' generic detection name for Trojans that use Scheduled Tasks for persistence.
Users of affected systems may find unexplained items in their list of Scheduled Tasks. The Windows Task Scheduler is like an alarm clock that you can set to start a procedure under specified circumstances.
Trojan.Agent.TskLnk is a detection for Trojans that set these Scheduled Tasks or otherwise use them to run malicious software.
Type and source of infection
Since this is a generic detection, this threat is not confined to any particular infection method. It is advised to check other detected items for more detail on how the threat got on your system. Otherwise, following basic security practices will reduce your exposure to this threat.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.Agent.TskLnk
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Agent.TskLnk without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.Agent.TskLnk with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.