Trojan.Boaxxe is Malwarebytes' detection name for a backdoorand information stealing trojantargeting Windows systems.
Source and type of infection
Trojan.Boaxxe scans the affected system for any trace of information deemed valuable and transmits them back to the threat actor's server for use in further attacks. Information is saved in the form of encrypted registry strings that are continuously updated by this malware.The most common infection method for Trojan.Boaxxe is malicious email attachments.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.Boaxxe
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Boaxxe without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
However, it is recommended to determine what information was stolen so users can mitigate further losses due to the security breach.
How to remove Trojan.Boaxxe with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.