Trojan.CryptoStealer.Go is Malwarebytes' generic detection name for Trojan that searches the affected system for cryptocurrency wallets and is written in the programming language GoLang.
Type and source of infection
Trojan.CryptoStealer.Go searches in several folders on an affected machine for cryptocurrency wallets. Once the search is complete the stealer zips it all into one package and uploads the stolen data to a C&C server. Some of these Trojans also search browser cookies for financial transactions data.
This Trojan is often downloaded and installed by users themselves under false pretences. For example as CryptoMiners.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.CryptoStealer.Go
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.CryptoStealer.Go without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.CryptoStealer with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.