Users of affected computers may experience slowdowns in internet speed as they are joined to a botnet that performs DDoS attacks.
Type and source of the infection
Flooding ElectrumX servers on port 50002 or 50001
Malwarebytes blocks the IP 22.214.171.124
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.ElectrumDoSMiner without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.ElectrumDoSMiner with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.