Trojan.Fileless.MTGen is Malwarebytes' generic detection name for the startup locations in use by fileless infections that gain persistence by creating these registry keys on Windows systems.
In the majority of the cases, the registry keys created by Trojan.Fileless.MTGen are designed to run Powershell commands that carry out the rest of the infection. Other than Powershell, we have also seen the mshtacommand used as such.
Malwarebytes prevents Trojan.Fileless.MTGen
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Fileless.MTGen without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get startedbutton.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.Fileless.MTGen with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.