Trojan.Gozi is Malwarebytes’ detection name for a family of versatile Trojans that offer the operator several features. Gozi has been around since 2007 and is nowadays often deployed as a banking Trojan.
Type and source of infection
Trojan.Gozi is operated by several groups and can be dropped on the affected system by an Initial Acces Broker or be download by the user under false pretences.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.Gozi by using real-time protection.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Gozi without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
It is recommended to determine what information was stolen so users can mitigate further losses due to the security breach.
How to remove Trojan.Gozi with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections pageto see which threats were found.