Trojan.MalPack.TRE is Malwarebytes' detection name for Trojans that are packed with a specific polymorphic packer.
Type and source of infection
Trojan.MalPack.TRE are Trojans packed with a polymorphic packer, resulting in packed samples that vary in size and structure, which makes them harder to detect.
The Trojan.MalPack.TRE detection is based on the way the file is packed, which means the Trojan payload could be anything, but we often see this one realted to Trojan.Emotet.
Malwarebtes blocks Trojan.MalPack.TRE
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.MalPack.TRE without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get startedbutton.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.MalPack.TRE with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.