Trojan.Patched is Malwarebytes' detection name for Trojans that are legitimate files which have been changed to add malicious code.
Type and source of infection
Trojan.Patched are patched legitimate files. Sometimes the files are patched on the system by other malicious files and sometimes they are downloaded to replace the existing legitimate file. Very often the legitimate files are Windows files.
Users may experience errors and failed integrity checks due to altered system files.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.Patched
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Patched without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.Patched with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.