Trojan.Qhost is Malwarebytes' generic detection name for malwarethat modifies the Windows system's hosts file.
Trojan.Qhost alters the hosts file as a means to redirect the user's Internet traffic, for example to stop him from downloading security software or installing updates.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.Qhost
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Qhost without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get startedbutton.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
If you were using a custom hosts file before infection, you may have to recreate it or restore from your backup.
How to remove Trojan.Qhost with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.