Trojan.Shellcode is Malwarebytes' generic detection name for Trojans that run shellcode on affected systems in order to launch malware or download additional malware.
Users of affected systems may see quick glimpses of command prompt windows while Trojan.Shellcode is performing its actions.
Type and source of infection
Trojan.Shellcode on Windows systems often uses powershell or cmd scripts to download or execute other malware.
Trojan.Shellcode can originate from various sources including infected email attachments and exploit kits.
If Trojan.Shellcode has run on an affected system you are likely to find other detections on the same system due to the nature of the infection that requires the presence of other malware or because it has downloaded additional malware.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.Shellcode
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Shellcode without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.Shellcode with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.