Trojan.Upatre is Malwarebytes’ detection name for a family of backdoor Trojanstargeting Windows systems.
Type and source of infection
Trojan.Upatre enables the threat actorto download and run additional malwareon the affected systems. Newer variants can steal and communicate system information to the threat actor.Trojan.Upatre is mostly delivered by mail as attachments or as a link to a compromisedsite.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Upatre without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.Upatre with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections pageto see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine pageyou can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.