Trojan.WallyShack is Malwarebytes' detection name for a trojan downloader written in Delphi.
Type and source of the infection
Trojan.WallyShack gathers some basic information about the affected system and sends this to hardcoded C2 servers. Then it downloads and runs the payload.
We found Trojan.WallyShck used in a Magecart related attack where the payload was Trojan.StealthWorker.GO.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.Wallyshack
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.WallyShack without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
Note that since Trojan.WallyShack is a downloader you may find additional malware if it has been active.
How to remove Trojan.WallyShack with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.