Virus.Ramnit is Malwarebytes' generic detection name for files that are infected with the Ramnit malware.Ramnit is a versatile family that holds viruses, worms, and Trojans. They are capable of infecting EXE, DLL, and HTML files on an affected system.
Malwarebytes blocks Virus.Ramnit
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Virus.Ramnit without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
However, if the infection has been active for a while, this usually leaves the affected system unusable, since necessary files may have been infected and removed. If this is true, we recommend making a backup of important files that do not have the EXE, DLL, and HTML extensions and then reformatting.
How to remove Virus.Ramnit with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.