Adware.NeoBar is the generic detection for a large family of adwarethat used to specialize in Internet Explorer (IE) toolbars as a means to hijack browsers.While diversifying to cover the most popular browser, they concentrated on extensions that hijack the search providers of these browsers, sometimes while enforcing a policyso the user cannot easily undo this change.
Users of affected systems may notice that their default search provider has changed, and that they are unable to change it back.
Most of the time Malwarebytes can detect and remove Adware.NeoBar without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
But sometimes it requires some extra actions to get the browsers settings back to the state they were in before the infection. We post removal guides when we run into such special cases.Examples for Adware.NeoBar:
In general, we advise users to visit our browser restore pageif your browser has been hijacked.