Backdoor.Agent is is Malwarebytes’ generic detection name for backdoors that enable threat actorsto gain remote access (and control) over an affected system.
Backdoors can be used to spy on the system’s user, and the threat actor can use the affected system for other malicious activities. For example, they can add the system to a botnetor use it to mine Bitcoins.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Backdoor.Agent without further user interaction. It is recommended to do a full system scan since this backdoor may have been used to install more malware onto the system.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.