Type and source of infection
A backdoor is a type of Trojan that allows a threat actor access to a system by bypassing its security. Backdoor.DCRat is a cheap yet versatile Trojan that can provide the operator with informarion about almost everything the user of the affected device does after infection. This includes taking screenshots, keylogging, and stealing passwords.
Backdoor.DCRat can be bought from the author via the Dark Web and the developers’ Telegram channel.
Malwarebytes blocks Backdoor.DCRat by using real-time protection.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Backdoor.DCRat without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Backdoor.DCRat with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page to see which threats were found. On the Quarantine page you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.