What is Nanocore?
Backdoor.NanoCore is a Trojancapable of gathering information from Windows systems.
Backdoor.NanoCore can provide the threat actorwith information such as computer name and OSof the affected system. It also opens a backdoor that allows the threat actors to access the webcam and microphone, view the desktop, create internet message windows and offers other options.
How to protect against Backdoor.NanoCore
Malwarebytes blocks Backdoor.NanoCore
How to remove a Backdoor.NanoCore Trojan?
Malwarebytes can remove Backdoor.NanoCore without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Backdoor.NanoCore with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.