Backdoor.Neutrino is the detection name for the Trojanthat is the payload dropped by the Neutrino exploit kit.
Type and source of infection
This backdoor is typically dropped by the Neutrino EK. Categorized as a Trojan, obfuscating its true purpose, the backdoor allows threat actors to download and execute more malware on the infected system.
Malwarebytes blocks Backdoor.Neutrino
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Backdoor.Neutrino without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Backdoor.Neutrino with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.