Hijack.HostFile is Malwarebytes’ generic detection name for undesirable changes made in the Windows hosts file on the affected system. The Windows hosts file is the first step in the process to resolve DNS queries, so it can be used to hijack internet traffic to different IP addresses.
Users may be blocked from visiting certain sites or find themselves redirected to unwanted sites.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Hijack.HostFile without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.