PUP.Optional.AuslogicsBoostSpeed is Malwarebytes' detection name for one of the products marketed by Auslogics as Windows system optimizers.
Source and type of infection
These system optimizers promise to speed up your computer. They use utilities to do this that are available for free and sometimes even built into Windows. They also promise to clean up invalid registry entries to achieve this, a method that Microsoft explicitly advises against.This type of PUP is usually installed by the users themselves as a result of heavy advertising.
Malwarebytes blocks PUP.Optional.AuslogicsBoostSpeed
Malwarebytes can detect and remove PUP.Optional.AuslogicsBoostSpeed without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
Add an exclusion
Should users wish to keep this program and exclude it from being detected in future scans, they can add the program to the exclusions list. Here’s how to do it.
- Open Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Click the Detection History
- Click the Allow List
- To add an item to the Allow List, click Add.
- Select the exclusion type Allow a file or folderand use the Select a folderbutton to select the main folder for the software that you wish to keep.
- Repeat this for any secondary files or folder(s) that belong to the software.
If you want to allow the program to connect to the Internet, for example to fetch updates, also add an exclusion of the type Allow an application to connect to the internet
and use theBrowse
button to select the file you wish to grant access.