PUP.Optional.MediaArena is Malwarebytes’ detection name for a potentially unwanted program (PUP) published by Media Arena.
Type and source of infection
PUP.Optional.MediaArena is marketed as a tool to compress and extract archives. The app does collect and share personal data.
Malwarebytes blocks the installer giving users a chance to make their own choice about keeping the app.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove PUP.Optional.Wave without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to Uninstall ZipRar
- Go to the Start Button
- Go to Setting – click Apps – click Apps & Features
- Find ZipRar
- Click on Uninstall
- Follow the instructions to complete the removal of the application
Add an exclusion
Should users wish to keep this program and exclude it from being detected in future scans, they can add the program to the exclusions list. Here’s how to do it.
- Open Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Click the Detection History
- Click the Allow List
- To add an item to the Allow List, click Add.
- Select the exclusion type Allow a file or folder and use the Select a folder button to select the main folder for the software that you wish to keep.
- Repeat this for any secondary files or folder(s) that belong to the software.
If you want to allow the program to connect to the Internet, for example to fetch updates, also add an exclusion of the type Allow an application to connect to the internet and use the Browse button to select the file you wish to grant access.