PUP.Optional.OneLaunch.SILENTCF is Malwarebytes’ detection name for the potentially unwanted version of the program OneLaunch.
Type and source of infection
The OneLaunch installer changes browser settings without user consent. It is usually downoaded and installed by the user.
Malwarebytes protects users from PUP.Optional.OneLaunch.SILENTCF by using real-time protection. By blocking the installer Malwarebytes gives users the chance to make an informed decision.
Add an exclusion
Should users wish to keep this program and exclude it from being detected in future scans, they can add the program to the exclusions list. Here’s how to do it.
- Open Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Click the Detection History
- Click the Allow List
- To add an item to the Allow List, click Add.
- Select the exclusion type Allow a file or folder and use the Select a folder button to select the main folder for the software that you wish to keep.
- Repeat this for any secondary files or folder(s) that belong to the software.
If you want to allow the program to connect to the Internet, for example to fetch updates, also add an exclusion of the type Allow an application to connect to the internet and use the Browse button to select the file you wish to grant access.