PUP.Optional.SlimCleanerPlus is Malwarebytes' detection name for the SlimCleaner Plus software, a potentially unwanted program (PUP) optimization tool that displays suspicious warnings and pop-up alerts to users about their systems being infested with errors that need fixing. These, of course, are all false detections to get users to purchase the paid version of the SlimCleaner Plus software.
Type and source of infection
PUP.Optional.SlimCleanerPlus can reach user systems via:
- social media links
- spammed email
Malwarebytes blocks PUP.Optional.SlimCleanerPlus
Malwarebytes can detect and remove PUP.Optional.SlimCleanerPlus without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
Add an exclusion
Should users wish to keep this program and exclude it from being detected in future scans, they can add the program to the exclusions list. Here’s how to do it.
- Open Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Click the Detection History
- Click the Allow List
- To add an item to the Allow List, click Add.
- Select the exclusion type Allow a file or folder and use the Select a folder button to select the main folder for the software that you wish to keep.
- Repeat this for any secondary files or folder(s) that belong to the software.
If you want to allow the program to connect to the Internet, for example to fetch updates, also add an exclusion of the type Allow an application to connect to the internet
and use the Browse
button to select the file you wish to grant access.
- SlimDrivers_v2.2.45206.63218.exe - SHA256 2AAD06624E9B698EC0DC0276B433C606A4858D6585028CD658AE7C697358FFEC