Trojan.Agent.MSDGen is Malwarebytes' generic detection name based on the properties of a value under the following registry key, which is indicative of Andromeda/Gamarue infections:
Type and source of the infection
Worm.Gamarue is often dropped onto a system by exploit kits.
Malwarebytes protects from Trojan.Agent.MSDGen by blocking Worm.Gamarue
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Agent.MSDGen without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.Agent.MSDGen with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.