Trojan.Agent.MSDGen is Malwarebytes’ generic detection name based on the properties of a value under the following registry key, which is indicative of Andromeda/Gamarue infections:
Type and source of the infection
Worm.Gamarue is often dropped onto a system by exploit kits.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Agent.MSDGen without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.Agent.MSDGen with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections pageto see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine pageyou can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.