Trojan.Agent.SVC.Generic is Malwarebytes' generic detection name for Trojansthat pretend to be a Microsoft service to mislead users and are not classified in another family.
Type and source of infection
Trojan.Agent.SVC.Generic mimics legitimate Windows services to avoid being easily spotted by the users of affected systems. This Trojan can either be dropped by another malware or downloaded from suspicious (if not malicious) sites.
Malwarebytes protects users from Trojan.Agent.SVC.Generic by using smart detection rules.
Malwarebytes can remove Trojan.Agent.SVC.Generic without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.Agent.SVC.Generic with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.