Trojan.Agent.Trace is Malwarebytes’ generic detection name for traces of any infection that can’t be attributed to a specific Trojan.
Type and source of the infection
Trojan.Agent.Trace is harmless by itself, but the presence of it is indicative of a system infection. The traces could also be leftovers from an already removed malware.
Protection against Trojan.Agent.Trace is not necessary. This is merely a removal detection.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Agent.Trace without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.Agent.Trace with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections pageto see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine pageyou can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.