Trojan.Agent.Trace is Malwarebytes' generic detection name for traces of any infection that can't be attributed to a specific Trojan.
Type and source of the infection
Trojan.Agent.Trace is harmless by itself, but the presence of it is indicative of a system infection. The traces could also be leftovers from an already removed malware.
Protection against Trojan.Agent.Trace is not necessary. This is merely a removal detection.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Agent.Trace without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.Agent.Trace with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.