Trojan.Bazar is Malwarebytes' detection name for a large family of backdoor Trojans that are often associated with TrickBot and Ransom.Conti.
Type and source of infection
Trojan.Bazar is a backdoor Trojan that is used to pave the way for further infections.
Trojan.Bazar is spread in email campaigns. These emails contain a link to a malicious document. The Bazar loader often comes as an executable with a pdf icon.
If Trojan.Bazar has been found active on a system it is highly recommended to do a full scan and investigation as the system may have been used as an entrance for infecting the network.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.Bazar
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Bazar without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.Bazar with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.