Trojan.BitCoinMiner.TskLnk is Malwarebytes’ generic detection name for auto-start entries added by Trojans detected as Trojan.BitCoinMiner.
Crypto-currency miners use a lot of resources to optimize the earning of crypto-coins, so users may experience slow computers.
Type and source of infection
Trojan.BitCoinMiner.TskLnk is typically created by Trojan.BitCoinMiner. Trojan.BitCoinMiner is Malwarebytes’ generic detection name for crypto-currency miners that run on the affected machine without the users’ consent. Because mining uses a lot of resources threat actors try to use other people’s machines to do their mining for them. This detection means that your machine is being used as such.
Besides slowing down your machine, running at peek level for long times may cause damage to your machine and raise electricity bills.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.BitCoinMiner by using real-time protection, but Trojan.BitCoinMiner.TskLnk is, by design, a detection created to clean up traces of an infection.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.BitCoinMiner.TskLnk without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.BitCoinMiner.TskLnk with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.