Trojan.BrowserAssistant is Malwarebytes generic detection name for Trojans that inject code in the browser’s process.
Type and source of infection
There are several types of Trojans that get detected as Trojan.BrowserAssistant. Ranging from browser extension that inject code in every website to show advertisements to executables that use Scheduled Tasks to get started alongside the browser and steal information. The extensions are often installed by users under the impression that they are useful.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.BrowserAssistant
Detection and removal for home users
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.BrowserAssistant without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.BrowserAssistant with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page to see which threats were found. On the Quarantine page you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.