Trojan.ClipBanker is Malwarebytes' detection name for a type of Trojan that tries to steal currencies from the affected system by stealing or manipulating the data on the Windows clipboard.
Information copied to the clipboard may get changed or sent to the attacker's server.
Type and source of infection
Trojan.ClipBanker can arrive at a system using may different methods. Posing as an application that enables the use of crypto-currencies, and being installed by a Trojan.Dropper are the most common ones.
Trojan.ClipBanker tries to steal funds or financial information by using the Windows clipboard. It can read and sometimes change the information from the Windows clipboard to enable this.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.ClipBanker
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.ClipBanker without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.ClipBanker with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.