Trojan.Downloader.MSIL.Generic is Malwarebytes’ generic detection name for a type of Trojan downloader that is programmed in Microsoft Intermediate Language (MSIL).
Type and source of infection
Downloaders are often the first stage of infection from attacks from an exploit kit or a malicious email attachment. They are usually small and pre-programmed to download and start other malicious files.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Downloader.MSIL.Generic without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.Downloader.MSIL.Generic with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.