Trojan.Dridex is Malwarebytes' detection name for a banking Trojanand spywaretargeting Windows systems.
Type and source of infection
Trojan.Dridex is capable of stealing specific information. It usually goes after a list of installed applications and the OS version of the affected machine, which is crucial information for further exploring the affected system. The main goal of this Trojan is usually to steal banking credentials.This Trojan arrives on systems as email attachments. Some variants arrive as exploitdownloads.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.Dridex
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Dridex without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
Users are advised to change passwords of online banking accounts once found their systems are affected by Trojan.Dridex.
How to remove Trojan.Dridex with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.